Friday, 5 September 2008

“It's not Magic City like we hoped.”



Miami, Florida

My journey started in Miami, a city of conspicuous wealth where grand mansions jostled for space along bleached white beaches. But another side to Miami was the poverty of the Magic City Trailer Park where I met Marcos Antonio Prado a migrant from Guatemala.

”I work from 7am-11pm as a security guard and I don't make enough money, I cannot afford anywhere else.”

“I think Barack Obama will be good for us, for all the people. The Republican candidate will continue the same George Bush politics of war…if I had my papers, I would vote Democrat.”

“I hope the next President will do something for all the foreign people, give us papers… we don't have jobs, we don't have nothing.”

“It's not Magic City like we hoped.”

No comments: